Zip codes updated Dec. 3; information for Blue Shield of California Promise Health Plans added Aug. 26
FOR MEMBERS WITH BLUE SHIELD OF CALIFORNIA MEDICARE PLANS CLICK HERE.
FOR MEMBERS OF BLUE SHIELD OF CALIFORNIA PROMISE HEALTH PLANS CLICK HERE.
FOR MEMBERS WITH PROMISE LA CARE PLANS CLICK HERE.
OAKLAND (August 20, 2020) – Blue Shield of California is closely monitoring the wildfires across California and the nonprofit health plan is offering the following services to help ensure members in affected areas continue to have uninterrupted access to care.
Gov. Gavin Newsom has declared a state of emergency in California. See the zip codes identified by the state as evacuation zones below.
The following accommodations are being offered to all Blue Shield members, except Medicare:
- Members who need immediate assistance should call the customer service phone number, (800) 393-6130 (TTY: 711).
- There are virtual care options that may differ slightly depending on your plan. Some of these telehealth options are Teladoc™, Heal, and NurseHelp 24/7. Please visit blueshieldca.com to view your plan options.
- We are allowing the immediate refill of prescriptions for members in mandatory evacuation zones even if they are not due to be refilled.
- Blue Shield Medical Care Solutions will reach out to members in care and disease management programs in mandatory evacuation areas to ensure continuity of care.
- Magellan Health, Blue Shield’s contracted managed care plan for behavioral health services, is providing free access to resources, materials and counseling services through its dedicated hotline: (800) 327-7451.
- Blue Shield vision plan members in affected areas can get a replacement pair of lost or broken glasses and can use non-network providers as needed with claims paid at network costs. Please contact Vision Customer Service for assistance at (877) 601-9083 .
- Members who have been displaced may see an appropriate out-of-network provider at in-network benefit levels and may replace medical equipment and supplies, if needed.
- Members who may have lost or misplaced their identification card can print a new card on our website at blueshieldca.com. Alternatively, members can use the Blue Shield of California mobile app to access their ID card on their mobile device.
Our focus at this time is ensuring the safety of all affected members and responding to their immediate care needs. As more information becomes available, we will be providing updates. Please visit our website for additional updates on plan information and services. For fire status updates and locations, please visit CalFire. In times like these, it is important to work together. As your health plan, we want you to know that access to the care you need is our top priority.
Note: members in evacuation zones where orders have been lifted may still be eligible for benefits.