Wildfire Assistance Information for Promise Health Plan Members
MONTEREY PARK (September 14, 2020) – Blue Shield of California Promise Health Plan is closely monitoring the impact of the wildfires and the nonprofit health plan is offering the following services to help ensure members in affected areas continue to have uninterrupted access to care.
Gov. Gavin Newsom has declared a state of emergency in California. The affected areas include:
The Bobcat Fire (Los Angeles County): 91016 zip code
The El Dorado Fire (San Bernardino County): 92305, 92399, 92339 and 92359 zip codes
In those areas:
- Blue Shield Promise members who need immediate assistance can contact customer service toll-free at 800-605-2556 (Medi-Cal); 800-544-0088 (Medicare); and 855-905-3825 (Cal MediConnect).
- We are allowing the immediate refill of prescriptions for members in mandatory evacuation zones, even if they are not due to be refilled.
- Blue Shield care managers are reaching out to members in care and disease management programs in mandatory evacuation areas to ensure continuity of care.
- Medi-Cal and Cal MediConnect members can access Behavioral Health Services at (855) 765-9701. Medicare members can access Behavioral Health Services at (800) 776-4466. In the case of a mental health emergency, please contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at (800) 273-8255.
- Blue Shield Promise vision plan members in affected areas can get a replacement pair of lenses and/or frames and can use non-network providers as needed with claims paid at network costs. Please contact Vision Customer Service for assistance at (866) 652-0018 (Eye Med) for Promise Medicare members and (800) 877-7195 (VSP) for Medi-Cal and Cal MediConnect members.
Our focus at this time is ensuring the safety of all affected members and responding to their immediate care needs. As more information becomes available, we will be providing updates. Please visit our website for additional updates on plan information and services. For fire status updates and locations, please visit CalFire. In times like these, it is important to work together. As your health plan, we want you to know that access to the care you need is our top priority.
About Blue Shield of California Promise Health Plan
Blue Shield of California Promise Health Plan is a managed care organization, wholly owned by Blue Shield of California, offering Medi-Cal, Cal MediConnect, Medicare Advantage HMO, and Dual Eligible Special Needs Plans. It is led by healthcare professionals with a “members-first” philosophy and committed to building a quality network of providers and partnering with community organizations for more than 400,000 members.
For more information about Blue Shield of California Promise Health Plan, please visit www.blueshieldca.com/promise. For more news about Blue Shield of California, please visit www.news.blueshieldca.com.
Or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook.