Unidos, Blue Shield of California's Latino Employee Resource Group Holds Signature Event
Blue Shield of California ¡Unidos! Hispanic/Latino Employee Resource Group held its 3rd Annual Signature Event, "Human, Honest and Courageous" at the Museum of Latin American Art in Long Beach.
- The Nov. 1 event featured 3 keynote speakers, Mary O’Hara, chief human resources officer & senior vice president of internal communications, Dr. Robert Rodriguez, president at DRR Advisors, LLC, and Pedro David Espinoza, CEO of Alpaca Pan Peru, USA. Hugo Florez, vice president of provider network management at Blue Shield of California, chaired the event.
- Amelia Herrera-Robles, a Blue Shield Individual Family Plans Outreach Manager) moderated a panel
The “platicas” focused on:
- Continually investing in learning and growth by using the various benefits offered by Blue Shield of California, such as the option of a free online education that provides its employees to earn their bachelor’s or master’s degree debt-free
- Working on the “system” and not just in the “system” for max impact
- Being “Autentico”, embracing our heritage as an asset, and having champions – “Who’s wearing your T-shirt?”
- Your network is your currency – how to enhance it by being deliberate and reciprocal
- Building bridges by finding the commonalities with others, challenging unconscious biases, and being bold
Attendees received the books "Autentico – The Definitive Guide to Latino Career Success" and "Differences That Make A Difference" and were inspired to transform healthcare that is worthy of our family and friends, sustainably affordable, and representative of the communities we serve.