Several prominent news outlets, including USA Today and KCBS Radio, profiled Blue Shield of California's recent NextGen Climate Survey results and sustainability goals.
The survey found that more than eight out of 10 (83%) Gen Z youth are concerned about the health of the planet, while a majority of respondents said their environment affects their physical health (69%) and their mental health (75%).
The goals include:
· Becoming carbon negative by 2023
· Achieving zero waste operations by 2025
· Quantifying the cost of climate change on human health by 2023
· Adopting and promote climate smart health care by 2025
Check out the various news coverage on the topic below.
- California teenagers are very worried about climate change (Good Day LA)
- Climate change, racism, social justice affecting Gen Z's mental health (usatoday.com)
- Survey: 83% of Gen Z youth concerned about health of planet (audacy.com)
- Gen Z Is Increasingly Developing Anxiety About Climate Change (verywellhealth.com)
- How People Of All Ages Can Cope With Climate Distress & Anxiety (mindbodygreen.com)
- A new mental health worry for today’s youth: Climate change | BenefitsPRO
- Gen Z Talk Climate Change and Mental Health - One Green Planet