Blue Shield of California has been named a certified Great Place to Work by the independent research firm Great Place to Work. The health plan earned this credential based on ratings provided by employees through the Great Place to Work® Trust Index™ survey.
The survey, sent to 6,972 Blue Shield employees across the state, was anchored by 92 percent of respondents saying the company is overall a great place to work, a 10-point increase over 2019. Eighty-nine percent of employees completed the survey.
- 94 percent said, “I feel good about the ways we contribute to the community.”
- 94 percent said, “When you join the company, you are made to feel welcome.”
- 92 percent said, “I am able to take time off from work when I think it's necessary.
- 92 percent said “I'm proud to tell others I work here.”
- 91 percent said, “Management is honest and ethical in its business practices.”
The Great Place to Work survey evaluated more than 60 elements of team members’ experience on the job. These elements included employee opinions on Blue Shield of California’s business practices, their trust in company leadership, the extent of support they get to complete projects, and whether they believe their work makes a difference.
“Achieving certification as a Great Place to Work is an achievement to celebrate for everyone at Blue Shield of California,” said Mary O’Hara, chief human resources officer and senior vice president of Internal Communications at Blue Shield of California. “It takes great leaders at all levels to create a positive experience at work. Especially during these turbulent times, we are so appreciative for all our dedicated employees who have helped make Blue Shield of California a great place to do meaningful work.”
This Great Place to Work certification is just one of several other recent honors earned by Blue Shield, including:
- World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Top 100 Bay Area Corporate Philanthropists by San Francisco Business Times
- Achievers’ 50 Most Engaged Workplaces Award
- Deloitte Best Managed Company
- Diversity Inc. Top Regional Companies
- 100 score on the 2020 Disability Equality Index
- Best Companies for Women to Advance by Parity.org
Join us! Explore career opportunities at Blue Shield of California: www.blueshieldca.com/careers