MONTEREY PARK (October 29, 2019) – Blue Shield of California Promise Health Plan is closely monitoring the impact of the wildfires in Los Angeles county and the nonprofit health plan is offering the following services to help ensure members in affected areas continue to have uninterrupted access to care.
Gov. Gavin Newsom has declared a state of emergency.
The affected areas include:
- The Easy Fire (Ventura County) is approximately 1000 acres in size. Mandatory evacuations are in place for zip codes 93065, 93021, 91362, 91360.
- The Getty Fire (Los Angeles County) is 618 acres in size and 15% contained. Mandatory evacuations are in place for zip codes 90049, 90272, 90290
- The Tick Fire (Los Angeles County) is approximately 4,300 acres in size and 5% contained. Mandatory evacuations are in place for zip codes 91390, 91350, 91351, 91387.
In those areas:
- Blue Shield Promise members who need immediate assistance can contact customer service toll-free at 800-605-2556 (Medi-Cal); 800-544-0088 (Medicare); and 855-905-3825 (Cal MediConnect).
- We are allowing the immediate refill of prescriptions for members in mandatory evacuation zones, even if they are not due to be refilled.
- Blue Shield Medical Care Solutions is reaching out to members in care and disease management programs in mandatory evacuation areas to ensure continuity of care.
- Beacon Health Strategies, Blue Shield Promise’s contracted managed care plan for behavioral health services, is providing free access to resources, materials and counseling services through its dedicated hotline at 855-765-9701 (Medi-Cal and Cal MediConnect - Los Angeles); 866-752-4075 (Medicare); and 855-321-2211 (Medi-Cal and Cal MediConnect – San Diego)
We will continue to monitor activity and may make further adjustments to continue to best serve our members.
About Blue Shield of California Promise Health Plan
Blue Shield of California Promise Health Plan, a health plan wholly owned by Blue Shield of California, offers Medi-Cal, Cal MediConnect, Medicare Advantage, and Dual Eligible Special Needs Plans. It is led by healthcare professionals with a “members-first” philosophy and committed to building a quality network of providers and partnering with community organizations for its nearly 500,000 members. For more information about Blue Shield of California Promise Health Plan, please visit blueshieldca.com/promise.